Have you ever needed a secret stash to hide your personal or valuable items? This guide will show you how to create a secret hiding spot that someone doesn't need to just find, but investigate, to find what is hidden within.
- Find a tall, thick candle, a sharp steak knife, or other medium sized knife, and drill with a thick bit, a lighter of any sort, and a sponge or other squishy item in a color relatively close to your candle, and of course, something to hide.
- Use the drill to make some holes as far into the candle as possible, while staying far enough away from the edge of the candle to leave a strong outside wall.
- Cut out the rest of the inside with the knife, using the holes from the drill to get the it inside. This should create a deep space in the candle.
- Spark the lighter and hover the flame below the hole in the candle to melt the wax. Rub the melted wax smooth on the inside.
- Cut the squishy object into a circle about one half inch bigger than the hole in the candle.
- Use the hole to store whatever you want.
- Close off the stash by stuffing the squishy item in the candle.
- Place somewhere inconspicuous. The candle can even be lit. (Don't burn it down too far!)
- Enjoy your privacy!
- After you cut out the inside with the knife, the drill can be used like a grinder to make the job easier.
- Knives, drills, and lighters can be dangerous. Be careful.
- Melted wax can be hot, watch out not to burn yourself when smoothing the inside of the candle.
- Do not forget your stash is inside the candle and give it to a friend or donate it.
Things You'll Need Edit
- A medium sized knife, such as a steak knife
- A long, thick candle
- A drill with a thick bit
- A squishy object the same color as your candle
- A lighter of any kind
- Something to hide