Designer leaf candles are a fancy yet easy way of doing up your plain Jane candles. All you need to do is choose leaves that you like (they can be fresh green ones, autumnal changing ones, or even skeletal ones) and pick some plain candles. Time to get started!
- Place an ordinary tapered candle in water that has been boiled but removed from the heat. Leave it to sit in the water until the candle becomes soft on the surface. Don't leave it to melt though!
- Take it out using tongs. Lay on a piece of greaseproof or parchment paper. Sit this paper over a bread board or something solid.
- Press leaves. Press the leaves of your choice into the softened surface of the candle.
- Boil the pressed candle to seal it. Place the candles in water and boil briefly to seal the leaves in. Do not boil too long, or the wax will melt.
- This craft is suitable for unsupervised persons over 12 years old; children should be supervised.
Things You'll Need Edit
- Big sturdy candle
- Deep saucepan