Want to know about how to make a candle that looks like a martini drink in a martini glass? Well, here is how! It's a great gift and looks really nice at parties and bars/pubs.
- Set up the area with newspapers
- Take the wax and melt it in a pot until it is liquid at about 260 degrees.
- Mix the wax around in the pot and if you want, add the color and scent of your choice to the wax.
- Mix everything to distribute the color and scent around.
- Take the martini glass and take a tiny bit of wick and dip the bottom of it in wax and set it aside for a second.
- Push the wick onto the center of the martini glass and tap down.
- Take 2 toothpicks and put the wick in between them.
- Carefully pour the wax in the glass and remove the toothpicks after.
- Put the candle in the freezer for half an hour
- Light it up when you want, and enjoy!
- Be creative: Mix the scents and colors to come up with something fruity and unique!
- If you want a clear wax to really simulate the drink then use gel wax. There are precautions for using gel wax, though, so look at the warnings and sources and citations.
- These make great gifts!
- They look great at pubs, bars, and parties!
- Stores like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, A.C. Moore, etc. may have things you need for this project.
- Clean the area you are working with and cover it with newspapers; this can get messy!
- If you want, add a toothpick with a tiny oval ball (Color it olive!) and it'll look like a martini with an olive!
- If you add the "olive" then paint a tiny orange, red, or peach spot on top and bottom.
- Gel wax can be very dangerous and shouldn't be handled by children. (See citations)
- This project is fun, but can be messy!
- The wax will be very hot so be careful!
- Do not drink! This isn't edible!
- Be careful with the wick when your dip it in the wax.
- Do not drain the excess wax in your sink, you can store it in a container for reusing or throw it away when dry.
Things You'll Need Edit
- A martini glass
- Coloring (Optional)
- Scent (Optional)
- A tiny oval ball (Optional)
- Olive, red, orange, and peach paint (Pick one from red, orange, and peach)
- Paper towels
Related wikiHows Edit
- How to Make Shot Glass Candles
- How to Make Beer Candles
- How to Make a Gel Candle
- How to Create a Mold for Candles
Sources and Citations Edit
- http://www.michaels.com/art/online/home Michael's Site. (The shop's site)