Template:PicturesThis is how to make a vegetable oil lamp.
- Take a small can, like for olives or soup.
- Take off the metal top keep for later use.
- Wash out the can and make sure it is completely dry before use.
- Take the metal lid and a hammer and nail, and punch one hole in the middle for the wick.
- Cut length of string that is one inch longer than the can
- Coat length of string in wax to keep its shape, except for one inch that will be at the bottom of the can
- Put string through hole so one inch will be out n the top this part should be covered in wax.
- Now seal string in place with wax.
- Fill the can up a little bit with vegetable oil, place a cap on so the string's in the oil.
- Wait 15 minutes before lighting so string will absorb oil.
- Fire is dangerous use caution with this project
Things You'll Need Edit
- Wax candle or tart burner
- String not nylon.
- small can with metal lid
- fire extiguisher to put out fire if gone wrong
- vegetable oil