Candles are the perfect accoutrement, and can liven up any room. Here's how to make them easily and brighten up your life!
- Gather the required materials.
- Set up a double boiler: Place your wax melting bowl inside a pot of boiling water.
- Melt small bits of wax in the wax melting bowl. Fill it only to about halfway.
- Add any color crayon to mix with the other melted wax. Do not add more than a quarter of a crayon, as crayon wax does not burn well.
- Attach a wick to a pencil to allow it to be suspended in the mold.
- Pour the melted wax into the mold. Let it dry completely (two hours) before attempting to use it.
- Wait until it dries, then cut the wick.
- If desired, remove the candle from the mold by tapping it against a hard surface. Be careful if your mold is glass.
- Scent can be added based on your personal preference.
- If you make it in a glass jar or cup, you can leave it in and burn it. Just never let it burn all the way down.
- To help with the de-molding, you can spray the inside of the mold with oil or professional mold releaser.
- Do not use perfume to scent your candles.
- Candles can be very dangerous. Never leave a burning candle unnatended.
- You should only melt wax in a double boiler or wax melting hot plate. Other methods may cause the wax to ignite.
- Always be careful when handling molten wax: It will burn you
- DO NOT EAT THE WAX
Things You'll Need Edit
- Heat proof wax melting bowl
- Pieces of candles OR wax
- Mold or candle container