If you have crooked candles, don't throw them out. The simple solution is to hang each candle upside down inside a tall vase, place it in the sunshine and wait until the candle straightens itself.
- Find a tall vase that is at least 1" (2.5 cm) taller than the candle is long.
- Stick a large needle through the base of the candle. Push in slowly to avoid breaking the candle. It may help to warm the needle between your palms beforehand.
- Tie a string to each end of the needle.
- Tie the two strings to a pencil or other object long enough to bridge the top of the vase. Tie it snugly so that the base of the candle is against the pencil.
- Hang the candle inside the vase, resting the pencil on the rim.
- Place in a sunny window for a little while. Check it after about an hour to see if the candle has straightened itself. Leave it there until it is straightened.
- When straight, move the vase and all into a cooler place, and allow it to hang for a couple of hours to completely cool. Then you can remove it, take off the strings and remove the needle.
- Don't leave in the sun for too long for obvious reasons.
Related wikiHows Edit